Monday, April 19, 2010

Elegant Card for anyone!

When I was out shopping the other day I found this pretty mini paper packs at Michael's marked $2.99 but the paper is so pretty.  The paper is K & Co. handmade 'Lofty nest'.  I just cut the gold vellum to match my card size, tied a navy lace ribbon around the vellum then used vellum tape to mount it.  My stamp is called 'He has Risen' by Gina K.  which I stamped on whisper white for the verse I used Stazon black ink then used Versamark for the cross and embossed it with gold embossing.  I mounted the stamped image on SU navy cardstock used 4 gold brads and mounted it on the vellum.  Quick and simple card but so elegant.

Blog Candy #3 is Emagination 6 Star punch.
Remember in order to be eligible you must be a follower and leave a comment.  On my 1 year blog anniversary I will use the random org. to draw two numbers:  one for a day 1-30 and then put in the number of people that left a comment on that day and draw a winner for the total package worth $215.  Tell your friends and enjoy the ride the Blog Candy is amazing!
God Bless,
Jeanine

6 comments:

debinicol said...

Hey Girl, do we ever have enough pretty papers? I love it too! I love the way you put the lacey ribbon...nice job chickie!

Sandy said...

I love finding pretty paper that is cheap! I do find that there are some colors I never gravitate to...do you?

Two Happy Stampers said...

That star looks perfect for a Christmas card. =)

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous! I love the embossed cross - it just jumps right off the card...very nice, Granny

gocanucksgo said...

Gorgeous. I love that everything works so perfectly.

juli (sweetpz) said...

love the embossing! my fave thing to do on cards =)

hugs
juli