Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Deedee's Challenge

This darling card is one of Deedee's digi's that she has one sale this week for a dollar and I just love him so I put him together this morning while my brother entertained Mom.  Its real simple using SU Night of Navy , Francis Meyer's Patriotic DSP,  then I used some scraps set Patriotic Bear on pop ups, added some heart gems and I was done. 

Got a call today saying my computer crashed yesterday and he is working on something so it might be a day or two more.  My brother arrived last night at 11PM after being caught in a freeway backup for over 2 hours at 5 PM just outside of Chattanooga.  After waiting for over 2 hours and not moving he watched 9 other drivers back up an turn onto the entrance ramp so he decided it was to hot to sit any longer and did the same thing.  At the top of the ramp was the THP handing out tickets, then they sent them back down the ramp to wait with no information.  About 45 minutes later the officer came down and announced on the PA from his car that they only had a mile and a half till it was clear sailing, then he backed up turned around and drove up the entrance ramp the same way all the others had.  Bob was furious saying how can he do it but I can't.  Oh he was mad, he should have been here by 7 PM and instead got held up 3 hours and got a $150 fine.  Now my personal feeling is and always has been 'How can I give out a ticket to something that I do myself?'  So I told him to fight the ticket especially because they had closed the freeway down behind them and had everyone exit the freeway but didn't bother to notify the ones ahead of the ramp.  What's your viewpoint?
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bob! What a rough afternoon and evening! Thank goodness he did finally get there safely. I agree with you -- he should fight the ticket given the situation.

Your card is darling! Love that neat flag paper you used!!! Hugs, Deedee

MiamiKel said...

What a super card! Such a lovely patriotic feel to your card and it just shines!

GrannyCharlotte said...

As hot as it was yesterday, the THP should have used a little kindness and cut the folks a break. Glad your brother got there ok. Hope you have a good visit. Love the card. The patriotic ones are my favorites. TFS.

Jeanne said...

Cute card! As for the ticket, he can try to fight it but I doubt he'll win. But I hate when cops do something illegal. It's so hypocritical!

Micki said...

Oh Granny, first I want to say what a wonderful awesome card this is. Yes, he is the cutest and I just love how you incorporated the 4th of July colors. Totally love it!
Second.... I received your card yesterday, it must have taken a world trip cuz I saw the date you send it, lol. Thank YOU! Love ya lots!!!!
And finally, big congratulations on making Deedee's DT. Woohoo!

Now, yes, Bob should fight the ticket. I don't blame him for being mad!!!!!

big hugs