Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thinking of You OWH


Isn't this a cute froggy? I decided to use it today when I saw Deedee's challenge for the week. The challenge is to make a card for a child and since I make cards for Operation Write Home I made this card for a soldier to send to his child. I love
Deedee's digi's she has so many to choose from check her website out at: www.deedeesdigis.com
I used SU cardstock, DSP, ribbon, oval punches and for my border punch its an Anne Griffin (HSN) punch. I'm not impressed with them, they punch only about 1 1/2 inches and they aren't easy to line up but thats just my opinion.
Personal Journey: Today was a great day, I met a sweet lady named Joann and we're like two peas in a pod. We have so much in common it's unbelievable and we spent two hours just getting to know each other over coffee. I met her through Senior Circle and we're going on our first trip together in May to Myrtle Beach. If the Myrtle Beach works out and I don't snore or annoy her we'll make it official and become travel partners. I think we are going to have some fun times, she loves to cruise, she's totally honest and up front about her feelings and I really enjoyed the afternoon with her. I'm excited because this is something I have wanted to do since I retired but due to prior committments couldn't. Today was a good day full of blessings. Pay it Forward - give something of yourself.
Jeanine

8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

What a wonderful post, my friend! It's always nice to make new friends and wow, to travel together - here's to wishing you a great travel buddy :) Your card is just precious - adorably done and for OWH, it's perfect! Blessings to you, sweetie! x0x0

Anonymous said...

Just seen your card it's so stinking cute!! Everyone would enjoy getting a card like that not just the children us big kids too!! I am so happy you have found a new friend, we can't have enough friends now days.I am excited for your up coming travel plans sounds like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card you have made here, Granny! I really like how you cut the froggie out and layered in some extra lilypads -- great idea! I'm sure this will be much appreciated at OWH, and is going to make both parent and child smile! How exciting to have made a new friend, and one to travel with no less! I'm thrilled for you, sweetie! Praying it works out well and you can start taking your dream trips soon. Hugs!

sas44 said...

Your card is adorable! I especially like that you cut and layered the frog and lilypads! How cute is that. Hope you have a great trip to Myrtle Beach, it's a fun place. Good to learn you have a potential travel buddy. Hope you'll consider doing the stamping & card making cruise out of Tampa, Jan. 16th, 2012 so we can meet. I've just booked it with one of my friends from central N.Y. that is an excellent card maker. I always learn new techniques from her. Anyway it would be great to meet you and your new friend and share our common love of stamping & card making. Hope you'll consider it. Blessings to you & your new friend!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What an adorable card and the sentiment is just perfect, love it. So much fun meeting someone you just click with and the trip sounds fun. Thank you for joining us at Happy Monday Challenge.

auntbeespickles said...

What a fun card! So bright and cheery! I hope you enjoy your trip with your new friend! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Tellen's Place kids challenge. Good luck and I hope you play with us again! Enjoy your free stamp from Deedee it is beautiful!
Hugs, Sarah

Lori said...

This will certainly make a soldier's child or sibling smile! I love the color and matching ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Happy Monday Challenge! Hope to see you again next week. PJ-how fun that you've met a 'partner in crime' to vacation with, can't wait to hear of your adventures!

NanaConnie said...

Love that frog!! So glad you're part of the OWH group. I love making cards for them. This is just a perfect kid's card and you know how the eyes are going to light up when they get that one in the mailbox. Bless you. :-)