Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dig Chicks


Well once again I fell in love with Doodle Pantry's images they are so realistic and some are colored so I can grab one of them and make a quick card. I was in a polka dot mood and using Spellbinder dies I layered these little chicks and both of the greetings. I used SU cardstock and some Michael's ribbon a Cuddlebug folder and waa laa the cards were done.
Personal Journey: Today I had plans to do my taxes but a lawn mower disrupted my coffee & paper this morning. After listening to it for a few hours I decided I'd be the only one in the neighorhood with foot tall weeds if I didn't go out and enjoy the beautiful weather. Well I started out by picking up sticks and then these two adorable small boys came over and said 'Mam, we're trying to earn money to paint our soapbox, we've mowed Grandma's yard and them people's so if you want we'll help you?'. Oh they were so darling Brad 10 and Colton 7, they mowed, their dad weedeated and we had the lawn done in 2 hours. Then they asked if they could do it regularly and were delighted when I paid them $25, they ran all the way home. After they left I continued working outside, it was beautiful high was 83 and so
I didn't want to come in but my back made me about 4 PM.
Always remember to 'Pay it Forward' it just takes a minute but the reward is so great. Have a great Sunday.
Jeanine


4 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Jeanine! Your spring chick cards are wonderful, I love Doodle Pantry's images too. I enjoyed your story about the boys doing up your yard for you, how neat! I know you're having a blessed day:) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

CJ said...

Love the chicks. Thanks for sharing your story. It is good to Pay It Forward--wish more people dod it.


CJ

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a cute card and I so agree about Doodle Pantry and the pre-colored, something for when you need that quick card. Love, love the story of the boys, how sweet is that. Have a great day.

MiamiKel said...

How sweet a story! I can just picture the two little boys needing to earn money and offering to do the lawn - what a joy of youth today :) Great cards, super colors and a great way to show off Spring! Have a blessed SONday!