Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Clara Maynard 1918-2011


My mother, Clara Mae (Raven) Maynard passed away May 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM. She was 92 1/2 and loved life, her last few weeks were spent in the hospital and Life Care of Athens,Tennessee. Mom was married to Vernon for 55 years, she had 3 children: Marguerite, Robert and me! She was born and raised in McHenry, Illinois to Royal James Raven and Emma Loetsch. She had 5 brothers and 2 sisters and lived on a big farms. She loved bowling and bingo and loved to dance. She'll be dancing now in Heaven with all her family. She will be buried in McHenry County Memorial Gardens next to her husband and parents within the next week. God rest her weary soul.
Personal Journey: I spent Friday and Sunday with Mom and I've had several long talks with you although she never really responded. I knew she was holding on for a reason but I just wasn't sure what it was. I explained that if she was waiting for Robert her son to come it wasn't going to happen but that she would always know we loved her. I then started reading her the book "There really is a Heaven". I think she was afraid of dying afraid of her past catching up with her, so after talking to her about her changed ways in the past few years and the story about Heaven she finally understood that God was with her forever. I received a phone call on Monday saying her breathing was
dense and that they had called the doctor. Within 30 I received another phone call saying Mom had passed. It's really a relief to me and I know it is to her, she's been though alot the past few months. I know that she's at peace and all is well. I hope that my followers will stick with me as I take a weeks leave to take Mom's remains to Illinois for a Graveside service. I can't leave until Friday as my car won't be ready. I still don't have Internet or Phone service but AT & T says their working on it. I should be able to post another time or two before I leave but again thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I promise I'll be back and stronger than ever. God Bless, Jeanine

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeanine,
My prayers are with you during this difficult time. What wonderful news that she knew God was waiting for her with open arms:)May God be with you on your trip to Illinois. I am so glad you are finding peace:) Take care of yourself:)

Anonymous said...

Jeanine,
My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.I have been watching your blog and had a feeling something was wrong.I am glad you and your Mom had time together before she went to be with our Lord.She is a beauiful woman!!
Hugs
Pat

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh Jeanine I am so sorry to hear about your mom and my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Sending you {{Hugs}}. What a lovely picture of your mom and I am sure she loved the time you had together.

Sandy said...

Oh Granny, I will definitely be praying for you as you get through the next few days with all the details for your mom's service. I'm praying your trip to Illinois is a safe one and that things with your home are settled soon. Praying much for you! Sandy

Louise Fox said...

Jeanine, This is my first visit to your blog, but I just had to become a "Follower" as it is easy to see you are a woman of great faith. To have so much happen in your life and still be strong in the Lord is a special thing. My prayers are with your mom, you, and your family during this time. God will bring good from all that you are going through. Blessings and love be with you.

MiamiKel said...

Jeanine, I'm so very sorry to hear the news of your mom's passing. You have been such a dedicated and devoted daughter - she was truly blessed to have such a caring child in her life and I know you enriched it tenfold. Your outlook is truly magnificent and yes, there is such great peace in the arms of our Savior. Many hugs and prayers to you as you make it through this journey ahead. xox0

Paula S. said...

My sincere condolences Jeanine. I enjoy checking on on your blog and the beautiful cards you make for OWH. I can see it has been a very difficult past few months for you and all you have been through. I wish you safe travels and know that God will give you the strength to see your way through. God Bless you and your mom.

Anonymous said...

Granny, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom's passing, but also happy to know that she has found peace in Heaven. You are such a strong lady, and I am so inspired by your faith and your positive outlook, even in the face of all the tough things you have been through lately. Please know that you are in my heart, and that I am praying hard for safe travels and healing in your heart, my sweet friend!!!

sas44 said...

So sorry for your loss. A beautiful picture of your Mom & I see a lot of you in her. You've had a lot on your shoulders to carry lately. But you have great strength and faith in the Lord. All things happen for a reason and you are going to come through this as strong as ever. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending big hugs your way. Take care and safe travels.

Nancy Riley said...

My sincere condolences to you and your family. May God embrace you in His loving arms and grant you peace and comfort.

Nancy M said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Nothing is harder than saying good-bye to someone we love. God be with you all. Safe travels. Peace.