Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Freezin season!

I love these snowmen from SU, I actually messed up and punched out the wrong circle so my pop up circle doesn't show very well.  I colored my snowmen with Copic's and used a saying from Deedee's digi's.  I made 50 cards for Operation Write Home with Snowmen yesterday and today.  I had pre-colored the images and put them together today.  The time limit for Christmas cards are over but I really don't make many Christmas cards or Thanksgiving cards because I make mostly 'Thinking of You', 'I miss you Son', 'I miss you Princess',  'Thoughts of you', 'Happy Birthday', 'Miss You'.   As a matter of fact OWH has asked that we notify of friends that they are working on Valentine's Day cards now.  I just can't do that since I haven't seen Thanksgiving yet let alone Christmas.  So I just keep making these 'Thoughts of you' or 'Missing You cards'.  Most of my cards are a white base so that they can write inside the card with a pencil which is usually the only writing instrument they have.  If I make the card a dark color I insert a white piece of paper inside the card 5 1/4 X 4 so the soldiers can write on it.  They totally prefer no salutation inside the card because they want to use it for writing home.   I still have about 23 cards to make to finish my quota for the month with OWH then I'll start on my personal Christmas cards to mail out the first of December.  So the week is new and I need to work on a few special cards, here's wishing you all a wonderful week.
God Bless,
Jeanine

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the snowflakes in the background, the way you spotlighted and colored the snowman, and the sentiment is way cute! Adorable card!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card, Granny! What a neat way to use the image, with spotlighting the one snowman. Love all those pretty snowflakes in the background, too. I am always so impressed by how many cards you get made, and for such a wonderful cause. What a blessing you are to so many! Hugs, Deedee