Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas has come & gone

Christmas is over for another year I use to love Christmas now its just a sad time for me. I think its because Christmas has become so conventional. It's wonderful that there is so much excitement for the children but even the stores are greedy putting up Christmas stuff so early. If only we could remember without Jesus we wouldn't have a reason for Christmas. We had a nice dinner on Christmas eve and opened gifts at my daughters home then they started playing Wii and I decided I best get Mom home since it was so late.

I've had alot of time to make some simple cards for 'Operation Write Home'. I finally finished my snowmen cards today, all those Christmas and snowman images that I colored for the past 3 months are gone, adhered to cards. This card is simple and I got the chubby snowman image from Sandy so I'm not sure of the rubber company.
This one is another image from Sandy and I used Copic's and liquid applicate for the fur on her coat. This card is cute because of the 'Dancing snowman' from Ellen Hutson and the 4 snowmen are from Whipper Snapper. The salutation says 'just thinkin bout you !' I have to say I ordered some eyelets from the Eyelet Outlet and told them I was making cards for "Operation Write Home" and they sent me an extra 10 packets of the Yellow Ribbons and some dog tag looking 'Love you' metal tags. Needless to say I'll put their advertisement on my sidebar anytime, Thank you again for your donation.

This card was super easy I stamped swirls on this used a MS border punch layered the image then put on the yellow ribbon eyelet. I am sending 100 cards out on Monday and that will be my December lot. I still have to get some Valentine cards ready as they are due January 5. I find it hard to work so far ahead of the holidays but guess I'll get over it because I so enjoy making these cards for the troops.
Hope your holiday met with your expectations and I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends. I want to take the time to say Thank you to each of you that read my blog and make comments. I really appreciate everything that you all say and treasure your comments.
God Bless.



2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love ALL of the snowmen you used! These are really great cards! You are on such a roll lately! Beautiful!

Kimmiek said...

Holy smackeral you busy busy woman! Loving all the snowman the last few really call to me.. incredible artistry