Saturday, April 16, 2011

Butterfly Heaven


I love butterflies I think I may have told you that about a thousand times but I just had to share this card with you because of the Martha Stewart Butterfly border punch. It's so pretty and delicate and when I placed my image on this Anna Griffin paper I fell in love again. Of course I colored the butterfly with Copic's then stained or antiqued the white cardstock with distress ink added some SU cording and I was finished. So what do you think? I still haven't heard from CJ, left her a comment on her blog so hopefully she will contact me in the next day or two.
Personnal Journey: It's Saturday and I'm just sitting around doing squat (and I don't mean exercising)! I have had two days to jump into my Studio and play and believe this or not I have no desire. I even got new stamps from Ellen Hutson and just don't care to go downstairs. It's been such horrible weather here, dark and gloomy and last night I thought my house was going to blow over. We had winds as high as 80 miles an hour my new windows were whining and this morning I spent cleaning up branches that had toppiled (thank God it was just branches and not trees). I just am tired of all the rain and storms lately and its depressing me because I have no desire to create. I know
I should be counting my blessings instead of complaining but that almighty BUT always creeps in there. I'm running out of cards in my stash to post and I really need a re-charging I need to find someone around here who wants to clean my clock when it comes to stamping. We use to have DRI's when I first moved here (DRI stands for Dive Right In) and it was a day event where all the stampers came together to play, learn and enjoy each others company. We haven't had one of those in years...........I need one! I guess I have to look to organize one but I have to find a place to hold it Hello Knoxville I'll help put it together!!!! OK I need to get my big butt up and move it instead of starring at this screen accomplishing nothing. I hope you all have a great weekend and the weather is perfect. Remember 'Pay it Foward'.
Jeanine

4 comments:

sas44 said...

I'm like you today. Haven't accomplished much. Started out early at a yard sale, made myself do the elliptical for 25 min. then came home. Have made only 2 cards today and a batch of homemade vegetable bean soup. We had a terrible rain storm go through here this afternoon (maybe part of your storm center?) So now I too will need to pick up branches tomorrow. Your butterfly card is lovely and has inspired me to try the new deep edge MS punch I recently received from HSN. Wish me luck and take care.

sas44 said...

PS I like the DRI idea. I'm remodeling the downstairs apartment and when it's done I think I'll invite some friends in to craft cards with me to send to OWH. You inspire me everyday Jeanine so keep smiling and stamping!

Unknown said...

I love the DRI Day idea! Wish I was closer so I could do it with you. I Have given you an award. Please go to my blog to pick it up. Congratulations hope this makes Sunday a sunny day for you! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You inspire me too Jeanine I'm praying for you and your Mom.
God bless!!
Pat