Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Let it SNOW!!!

I'm so tired of the hot, hot weather and if working with Snowmen can help than I'm all for it!  I loved this 'Nose's for Sale' from the first time I saw it last year and bought it right away.  I love snowmen and do lots of snowman cards for the soldiers at 'Operation Write Home'.  This card I made for Deedee's weekly challenge and its one of her digi's.  I used SU Pretty in Pink paper, stamped the snowdrops from SU background stamps in silver metallic, I colored the snow lady with Copic's then added the two ribbons and 'Best Wishes' from SU.  I used Dew drops and I was done.  But I couldn't stop there I had to use Deedee's dollar digi to make a cute inchies card.
I used SU card stock and DSP and mini gems in red and blue.  The versatility of digital image stamps just amaze me that you can make the image small or big have inchies or a big image for a 9 X 4 1/2 card or whatever you want.  I'm so blessed that Deedee chose me to be on her design team and that I've learned so much about digital images.   If you love the cards you can go to Deedee's website to learn how to use digital images also.  Much love,
Jeanine

2 comments:

GrannyCharlotte said...

Gorgeous cards. I am ready for fall. I'm with you on wanting the heat gone:) Oh well, if it was cold, I'd be wishing for heat :) I love fall and spring. Winter and Summer are not my fav's. TFS.

Anonymous said...

These are both SO CUTE, Granny! The pink is so fun on the first card, and I really like your embossed snow drops. How clever of you to shrink down the snowman and make an inchies card. Your jewels along the edging of that one look like little Christmas lights. Great cards! We haven't had much heat so far this summer, but my mom tells you the temps are supposed to soar next week -- just in time for the kids to go back to school -- figures -- LOL! Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards, and I'll be praying for things to cool off out there for you! Hugs, Deedee